- This event has passed.
March 3, 2017 at 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
This information fair on the Breezeway features tables and demonstrations on sustainability and ways individuals can get involved. The following groups/tables will participate:
• Patagonia Worn Wear Tour: Patagonia’s biodiesel repair truck is traveling to colleges around the country to repair clothing for free and teach folks how to fix their own clothes. In an effort to repair more than just clothes, for this tour Patagonia has teamed up with the Post Landfill Action Network to create conversation and action towards a world with less waste. The Patagonia Worn Wear repair team can fix about 40 garments per day (any brand; sorry, no repairs on luggage or shoes). All repairs are made on a first come, first served basis. One repair per guest.
• Clinton Global Initiative University staff will answer questions about applying for CGI U
• Demos and tours to see the Natural Dye Garden, natural dyeing techniques and textile composting
• Lauren Singer, Trash is for Tossers Zero Waste blogger
• Eileen Fisher Reworn/Renew showcasing Green Eileen visible mends, demonstrating visible mending techniques.
• FIT Health Services Nutritionist: learn about food and zero waste options
• Upcycled knitwear designs exhibited by students in Prof Lisa Donofrio’s Advanced Knitwear Design course
• Natural dye demonstration with Theanne Schiros, Science and Math (2:45-4 pm, sign up at the Aware Fair)
• Freecycle table: Donate and/or take thread, magazines, art supplies, etc.
This event is part of Sustainability Awareness Week.