- This event has passed.
2020 Sustainability Awareness Week
October 5, 2020 - October 9, 2020
Sustainability is a key component of FIT’s mission and is embedded in the college’s curriculum and operations. During virtual Sustainability Awareness Week, from October 5 to 9, we invite our community to learn about recent innovations from leaders in the industry, experience FIT’s efforts to make a positive impact on the earth, and discover new ways to live with a smaller footprint.
Here is a sampling of this week’s virtual events.
Discussions and Lectures
- Innovation and Circularity alumni panel
- Challenges, Collaboration, and Circularity panel
- Fashion as a Vehicle for Change: Why Empowering Women and Artisans Is Key to Sustainability
- Conversation with BlueSign on cleaning up the textile industry
- How to make a sustainable difference in your brand
- The latest about responsive textiles
- A conversation with Amber Valletta about future materials
Workshops and Interactive Events
- Virtual green roof tour
- FIT Hives tour
- Stitch and Mend Workshop: Upcycling Jeans to a Crossbody Bag
- The Paperless Office workshop
Small-Group Information Sessions
- Think Big/Clinton Global Initiative University info session for students
- Sustainability grants workshops
Most of these events, with the exception of the small-group information sessions, are free and open to the public; for the full schedule and event links, visit fitnyc.edu/saw.
Sponsored by the FIT Sustainability Council.