- This event has passed.
Alumni Panel and Networking Mixer: Outsiders Are In: Paving the Way as a Black Creative
February 1 at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
As part of FIT’s Black History Month programming, the Black Retail Action Group and Black Student Union are partnering with Alumni Relations to host an alumni panel and networking mixer. Alumni are invited to attend the panel and stay for the networking portion of the evening where current students will have the opportunity to meet and speak with alumni. Light refreshments will be served.
The panel features Black FIT alumni working in a variety of industries who will speak on their individual pathways to success and career journeys.
- Kiana Brooks, buyer, handbags at Chanel, and member of the FIT Alumni Advisory Council
- Marielle Bobo, editor-in-chief and senior vice president of programming at Ebony Media
- Alex Chimilio, creative director at Weatherproof Vintage
- Abi Ishola-Ayodeji, journalist and author
- DeRay Mckesson, American civil rights activist
- Ashley Stephenson, executive assistant to Dapper Dan
- Devan Lynne Wallace, senior public relations manager at Louis Vuitton
This event will also be livestreamed; join online.
This event is part of the FIT Diversity Collective’s Black History Month activities; for a full schedule of activities, visit fitnyc.edu/blackhistory.
This event is for FIT alumni, students, and community.