- This event has passed.
MBP Gale Brewer Honors Local Resident at FIT
September 30, 2016 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
FIT President Joyce F. Brown welcomes Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer and city and state elected officials to an award ceremony honoring photographer Jane Schreibman for her role in reporting the second, undetonated explosive device in Chelsea in mid September.
As you may know from media reports, Schreibman is the Chelsea resident who “saw something and said something,” finding a suspiciously modified pressure cooker on the sidewalk of West 27 Street and notifying authorities of what turned out to be a second bomb. The device was later safely removed from the street by police. Since 2013, Schreibman has taken a number of classes as part of FIT’s Senior Learners program.
Speaking at the event will be:
- FIT President Joyce F. Brown
- Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer
- Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney
- New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer
- New York City Public Advocate Letitia James
- State Senator Brad Hoylman
- State Assembly Member Richard Gottfried
- Council Member Corey Johnson
Please RSVP here if you would like to attend.