- This event has passed.
MR Magazine Menswear Talk: Crystal Ball on the Future of Fashion/Retail
November 29, 2018 at 6:15 pm - 8:00 pm
The Menswear Department presents a panel discussion on the menswear industry featuring designers from three successful menswear brands. The discussion will be followed by a Q&A session.
Panelists will be:
Eric Jennings, founding partner E2, former men’s fashion director, Saks Fifth Avenue
Simon Graj, marketing guru/founder, Graj & Gustafson
Durand Guion, men’s and women’s fashion director, Macy’s
Jack Carlson, founder, Rowing Blazers
The panel will be moderated by MR Magazine’s editor in chief Karen Alberg and will discuss the following:
* What are the cool brands today and how did they get cool?
* What it takes to be a cool brand today: limited distribution, drops, influencers, the right advertising, etc.?
* How important is product?
* How can an old brand/store reinvent itself? Should it?
* Best branding/advertising/marketing you’ve seen lately and why?
* Crystal ball on the future of fashion/retail?
This event is free and open to the public.