- This event has passed.
Sustainability Awareness Week
October 1, 2018
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until October 5, 2018
Sustainability is a key component of FIT’s mission. During this year’s Sustainability Awareness Week, October 1 to 5, the FIT community will learn about and experience some of the recent developments in this arena.
The week’s events, held at different locations on campus, include:
- A History of Sustainable Fashion: a discussion with Museum at FIT curator Colleen Hill
- Utilizing Nature to Shape Design workshop
- The Last Pig documentary screening and Q&A with filmmaker Allison Argo
- green roof tours
- Smart Innovation, the New Standard for Fashion: a lecture with James Mendolia, co-founder of C.L.A.S.S. Education
- green market, workshops, and pop-ups
For a full schedule of events, please visit fitnyc.edu/saw.
The week of events is sponsored by the FIT Sustainability Council.