- This event has passed.
Wheelchair Access on the New York City Subway System
October 6, 2017 at 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
FIT and the Department of Social Sciences hosts a panel discussion on the successes and failures of the New York City Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) in providing accessibility to wheelchair users, in compliance with the federal Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Panelists will discuss their efforts to push the MTA to improve wheelchair access:
- Yannick Benjamin, co-founder of Wheeling Forward
- Sasha Blair-Goldensohn, Google
- Jaqi Cohen, NYPIRG Straphangers Campaign
- George Gallego, founder and CEO of Wheels of Progress and star of The Commute
- Edmund O’Donnell, senior vice president, Goodwill of NY/NJ
Two short films will be screened, The Commute, which was produced by Goodwill of NY/NJ, and a video that accompanied a New York Times editorial about MTA wheelchair accessibility by Blair-Goldensohn on March 29, 2017.
This event is free and open to the public.
- Film and Media Screening Room D207
New York City , NY United States
- Dan Levinson Wilk