Elder Care Support Group
February 26 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
One event on March 12, 2018 at 1:00pm
One event on April 9, 2018 at 1:00pm
One event on May 7, 2018 at 1:00pm
One event on June 18, 2018 at 1:00pm
The Elder Care Support Group is for individuals caring for, or anticipating caring for, an elderly relative, parent, or friend. It addresses topics such as:
- Determining what help is necessary and available resources
- Coping with feelings of anger, guilt, loss, and sadness
- Tips for getting elder to accept help they might need and not want
- Learning to take care of yourself
- Getting support and coping tips from others who share similar concerns
This support group is open to family members of FIT employees as we recognize elder care issues impact the entire family including siblings, spouses and partners. Please feel free to extend an invitation to those in your circle who might benefit from this program and just remember to let us know who and how many people you will be bringing.
Spring 2018 Elder Care support Group dates:
Monday, February 12, 2018
Monday, March 12, 2018
Monday, April 9, 2018
Monday, May 7, 2018
Monday, June 18, 2018
If you are unable to attend this group but have some elder care concerns, please call the EAP office at (212) 2177-5600 to schedule an individual appointment.
The support group is open to the FIT community only.