- This event has passed.
Artists and Designers: Realities and Imaginations in Labor and Business History
April 12 at 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
This is an event for anyone to learn about the professional side of fine arts and be part of the discussion on how to secure careers and internships in the business.
Themes we will discuss include:
• The Unwritten History of Art and Design Careers: state of the field and thesis/dissertation brainstorming session
• Teaching The History of Capitalism to Undergraduate Students at Parsons and SAIC
• How Design Careers Changed When Manufacturing Moved Overseas
• Dorothea Lange: A Case Study of a Career
• The Ethics of Internships
This symposium is from “Teaching Business and Labor History Across SUNY Campuses,” the State University of New York Conversations in the Disciplines Grants Program 2019–19.
This event is free to the public, but registration is required; REGISTER HERE.