College rankings for 2016 are arriving, and FIT is once again at the top of the various lists for everything from best college and safest campus to best value and alumni salaries.
• Fashionista.com has ranked FIT number seven on its list of the “25 Best Colleges in the World in 2016.” The college is one of only two schools in the U.S. to make the Top Ten.
• Payscale.com has ranked FIT number one on its list of “Best Value College for Art Majors” who live in New York State; number three for “Best Value College for Art Majors” who live out of state; and number four in the “Best Value College for Art Careers” category.
• In the alumni salaries category, Payscale.com has ranked FIT number two in the nation among community colleges for alumni median early career salaries ($41,500) and median mid-career salaries ($72,100).
• Fashion-Schools.org ranks both FIT’s Fashion Design program and Fashion Business Management program at number one across the board:
–No. 1 Nationally (top 1 percent of schools considered)
–No. 1 Among Public Schools and Colleges
–No. 1 on the East Coast
• BackgroundChecks.org, a public safety focused organization, ranks FIT number eight on its 2016 list of the “50 Safest Colleges in New York State.” The list was culled from the 200 colleges and universities in New York State.