Six FIT students are among 249 students from the 64 SUNY colleges and universities to be honored by Chancellor Kristina M. Johnson with the 2018 Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence.
The Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence was created in 1997 to recognize students who have best demonstrated, and have been recognized for, the integration of academic excellence with accomplishments in the areas of leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts, campus involvement, or career achievement.
The following FIT students are recipients of the 2018 Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence:
- Veronica Apsan, Park Ridge, NJ, Fashion Design
- Arpi Dayian, Dallas, TX, Interior Design
- Gina Gargiulo, Bay Shore, NY, Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Nermeen Ileiwat, Clifton, NJ, Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Joanna Del Priore, Staten Island, NY, Fashion Business Management
- William Rossi, Lindenhurst, NY, International Trade and Marketing for the Fashion Industries
“I am immensely proud of these students, who have demonstrated academic excellence and dedication to enriching their campuses and communities,” said Chancellor Johnson. “From research publications in industry journals to volunteering in hospitals and local clinics to holding leadership roles at their institutions, I am inspired by each student we recognize today. Congratulations to all of the students receiving this year’s award.”