Whew, what a year! As we look back on 2018, we are reminded of the great accomplishments of our students, faculty, staff, and alumni, enhancing the college’s reputation as a center of innovation and of academic excellence. Fueled by craft, technology, and unconventional thinking, we are proud of our community and what they inspire.
This roundup of stories are our most popular and widely read pieces. We included stories that were posted on Newsroom, on social media, and in noteworthy publications.
Most-Read Stories from FIT Newsroom
- Fashion Matters: Student Creates Garments for Breast Cancer Survivor
- MIT and FIT Join Forces to Design Clothing of the Future
- Knit Wits
- Behind the Scenes at NYFW with FIT
- NFL Gear Reinvented for a Younger Generation and NFL Merchandise Designed by FIT Students for Sale at Target
- Smart Takes: Stephen A. Smith, Advertising and Communications
- A Best-in-Class Gallery Space Debuts at FIT
- How Well Do You Know Your Fashion History?
- New York’s Most Colorful Home Featured in Netflix Series
- FIT’s Lili Shi Wins Supima Design Competition
FIT’s Hottest Social Media Posts of 2018
Top Ten Stories from Around the Web
- Fashion Institute of Technology’s Library Gets a Makeover (NYTimes.com, January 3)
- Artificial Intelligence Empowers Designers in IBM, Tommy Hilfiger and FIT Collaboration (Forbes.com, January 14)
- FIT Researchers Develop Game-Changing Materials for Fashion Industry (NY1 News, February 16)
- 77 Standout Looks from FIT’s 2018 Future of Fashion Show (Fashionista.com, May 4)
- FIT Awarded Accreditation of Its Business Programs (BusinessInsider.com, May 23)
- FIT Gala Honors Ivan Bart, Jane Hertzmark Hudis and J. Michael Stanley (WWD, June 15)
- Dr. Joyce F. Brown Used Technology and Intuition to Revolutionize How Students Learn at FIT (Time.com, August 14)
- A Big Bold Show Wants you to Rethink Pink (NYTimes.com, September 5)
- Customization Is Coming to the Fragrance World (MarieClaire.com, October 8)
- Field Notes: Fashion’s Making Waves (WWD, November 6)
Our Editors’ Favorites
Last, but not least, check out these stories that were among our personal favorites of 2018.