On March 28, the Jay and Patty Baker School of Business and Technology, in collaboration with the Technical Design department, presented the spring Dean’s Forum: The Business of Gender Neutral Fashion, featuring a fashion show and panel discussion with several of the designers whose work was shown.
Immediately following the fashion show, Catherine Schuller, CEO/executive director of Runway the Real Way and the evening’s emcee and panel moderator, cleared the first few rows of the Katie Murphy Amphitheatre to make room for all the models, then gave them each the opportunity to introduce themselves and state their preferred pronouns, and to say a few words about the passion projects that mean the most to them.
The panelists who then took their seats to discuss gender neutral fashion were:
- Joshua Williams: experienced creative director, consultant, educator and personality
- Khrystyana Kazakova: America’s Next Top Model star and activist
- Ia Faraoni: founder and designer for Ia’s Threads
- Frankie Sharp: LGBTQ personality and event producer
- Derrick Grant: founder and designer of Next Level World
- Lianza Zavo: accessories designer